“The other reason for introducing Wilson so early in the film was that they wanted him to appear before any conspiracy elements started showing up, helping to show the character as trustworthy, allowing Rogers to seek his help in the middle of the movie.”
“There were debates about whether Rogers should have a romance with Romanoff, but they opted not to do it because it would sell out both characters. In particular, they felt that if that happened, it would appear that the only reason to have Black Widow in the film was as a love interest, and there was so much more her character could offer the story.”
out of all the marvel affiliates i only truly trust the russo brothers
I’ve had strange motivations for smut in my fics before
But ‘I’m really upset and I’ve not slept for 3 nights in a row so please fuck me so I can sleep’ has to be a first…..
russian literature: a summary
ivan ivanovich ivanov is an upper middle class student who is madly in love with maria petrovna petrova! BUT maria petrovna petrova loves dmitri dmitrivich dmitrov who is a nihilist upper middle class student!
ivan ivanovich ivanov goes through a long soul searching journey before realizing all life is petty and meaningless and eventually dying alone and unloved of tuberculosis while dmitri dmitrivich dmitrov marries maria petrovna petrova
i never want to get married and have kids i want to be 40 and a highly successful director and show up to my high school reunion dressed entirely in yves saint laurent with blood red lipstick and louboutin heels that could penetrate a man’s soft flesh in the current year’s bmw convertible and wear chanel sunglasses the entire time even while indoors so i don’t have to hold eye contact with the little people
I think one of the reasons the Harry Potter Epilogue was so poorly received was because the audience was primarily made up of the Millennial generation.
We’ve walked with Harry, Ron and Hermione, through a world that we thought was great but slowly revealed itself to be the opposite. We unpeeled the layers of corruption within the government, we saw cruelty against minorities grow in the past decades, and had media attack us and had teachers tell us that we ‘must not tell lies’. We got angry and frustrated and, like Harry, Ron and Hermione, had to think of a way to fight back. And them winning? That would have been enough to give us hope and leave us satisfied.
But instead. There was skip scene. And suddenly they were all over 30 and happy with their 2.5 children.
And the Millennials were left flailing in the dust.
Because while we recognised and empathised with everything up to that point. But seeing the Golden Trio financially stable and content and married? That was not something our generation could recognise. Because we have no idea if we’re ever going to be able to reach that stage. Not with the world we’re living in right now.
Having Harry, Ron and Hermione stare off into the distance after the battle and wonder about what the future might be would have stuck with us. Hell, have them move into a shitty flat together and try and sort out their lives would have. Have them with screaming nightmares and failed relationships and trying to get jobs in a society that’s falling apart would have. Have them still trying to fix things in that society would have. Because we known Voldemort was just a symptom of the disease of prejudice the Wizarding World.
But don’t push us off with an ‘all was well’. In a world about magic, JK Rowling finally broke our suspension of disbelief by having them all hit middle-class and middle-age contentment and expecting a fanbase of teenagers to accept it.
Also. Since when was ‘don’t worry kids, you’re going to turn out just like your parents’ ever a happy ending? Does our generation even recognise marriage and money and jobs as the fulfillment of life anymore? Does our generation even recognise the Epilogue’s Golden Trio anymore?
I would really love to know whether inksplattersandearlyhours has read the Magicians trilogy by Lev Grossman, and what they think about it.
Uhm no, let’s talk about why Neville Longbottom is a beautiful character and why I wish more people admired him.
- Neville Longbottom came from an emotionally abusive home; he was constantly made to feel as though he was not only good enough for Gryffindor, but to be called his parents’ son, either. Even Minerva McGonagall noticed this, for she made a statement towards the end of the series that she was going to contact Neville’s grandmother in regards to the things she’d said about her grandson and his Transfiguration grades.
- Neville’s family thought he was a Squib, and there’s plenty of insinuation that his family was embarrassed and almost ashamed of this, given the multiple occasions where they tried to force Neville to show signs of magic (occasions that were extremely risky to his own damn life, thank you very much). It was only discovered that he possessed magical abilities when one of his family members dangled him outside a window.
- Neville was the butt of many jokes; even more so than this, really. For most of the series, so many people failed to take him seriously. It was more than just Draco Malfoy and his gang of Slytherin friends picking on Neville—even members of his own House seemed to turn him into a laughing stock. Harry and Ron joined in on this occasion more than once; particularly in the fourth book when Ron cracked some joke about how no one would ever want to go to the Yule Ball with Neville, and Harry chimed in and laughed.
- As if that wasn’t enough, Neville also had to endure bullying from one of his teachers. This experience was so severely detrimental to the young boy’s character and already low self-confidence that said teacher became his boggart. His greatest fear was a professor who humiliated and embarrassed him multipletimes throughout the course of a week.
- Neville literally had to sit through a class explaining Unforgivable Curses without being able to vent to anyone his own age about how much it bothered him because of his own parents.
- NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM WAS ONE OF THE FIRST PEOPLE TO SIGN UP FOR DUMBLEDORE’S ARMY. I REPEAT: NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM WAS ONE OF THE FIRST TO SIGN UP FOR DUMBLEDORE’S ARMY. This is huge! You have this kid who everyone thinks is clumsy and ridiculous and who no one really takes seriously willingly offering himself up to a student-led organization dedicated to practicing defensive spells.
- Neville’s parents will probably never remember who he is, and yet he goes to visit them and pockets the wrappers his mother gives him because they’re probably the only gifts he’ll receive from her.
- Neville’s proud to be his parents’ kid and damn it he loves them so much even though they can’t remember who he is. He’s living through all this pain of knowing that his parents are physically there but mentally vacant, and that is heart-breaking.
- Neville was tortured by the same woman who tortured his parents to insanity and mocked him about it the entire time.
- Neville essentially spent his final year at Hogwarts being a bad ass and rallying up a resistance. Who still thinks that Neville’s a simpering lil boy who just forget stuff and is no better than a Squib?? Anyone? WELL THEN LISTEN UP.
- NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM STOOD IN FRONT OF LORD VOLDEMORT AKA THE DARK LORD AKA THE SCARIEST DARK WIZARD OF ALL TIME AKA THE WIZARD YOU DON’T WANNA FUCK WITH AND TOLD HIM THAT HE WOULD JOIN HIM ONLY WHEN HELL FROZE OVER.
- LITTLE CLUMSY, INTROVERTED NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM SAID THIS TO LORD VOLDEMORT.
- Neville Longbottom also destroyed a Horcrux?? Using the Sword of Gryffindor?? Which only true Gryffindors can do??
- NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM IS AMAZING WHY HAVE WE NOT BUILT STATUES FOR HIM?
- Seriously though Neville blossomed into this beautiful character and I think there should be like a shrine to him in every city idek.
Because of feminism i will never find this show funny again. There goes my childhood
Are you actually serious? Yes, Johnny’s character was a grade A douche bag, however all the women he went after were hot as fuck and yet put him in his place and beat him up for the lewd things he was saying. This show was fucking hilarious and promoted women acting out against chauvinist pigs, such as Johnny. Not once did the women ever fall for him, showcasing that women are to be strong and take NO shit from any man.
Get your shit together, qurl.
Not to mention his mother was cool as shit.
what about the werewolf chick
and the deer
people are fucking stupid as fuck
The werewolf chick was so used to dudes running away she would take anything she got, same with the “deer” he met online. Both examples of women who are so desperate for companionship they would be happy with a complete and total douche like Johnny. (Even though if I remember correctly Johnny treated both of them better than anyone else ever did, because deep down Johnny Bravo was an okay dude he was acting the way society taught him to act.)
And wow there was a whole EPISODE where Johnny got turned into a woman and has to endure catcalls and street harassment and being belittled to just a face and a body and basically was like “is this what you girls go through?”and like lead a revolution of girl power and kickassary.